Chicken Enchilada Verde Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 tomatillos, husks removed, quartered
- 2 cans (4-1/2 ounces each) chopped green chilies, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces sliced deli chicken, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce with lime
- 1. Unfold puff pastry sheets and place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- 2. Broil tomatillos 4-6 inches from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until skins are golden brown; cool completely.
- 3. Place 1 can green chilies, 1/4 cup cilantro and tomatillos in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spread over puff pastry crusts and sprinkle with cheese.
- 4. In a large skillet, saute onion and jalapeno in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, cumin, coriander and remaining green chilies; heat through. Stir in remaining cilantro. Spoon mixture over cheese. Sprinkle with ancho chili pepper.
- 5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Combine sour cream and hot sauce; serve with pizza. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 pieces each).
1 piece: 314 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Enchilada Verde Pizza
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.