- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 tomatillos, husks removed, quartered
- 2 cans (4-1/2 ounces each) chopped green chilies, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces sliced deli chicken, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce with lime
- Unfold puff pastry sheets and place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Broil tomatillos 4-6 inches from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until skins are golden brown; cool completely.
- Place 1 can green chilies, 1/4 cup cilantro and tomatillos in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spread over puff pastry crusts and sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and jalapeno in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, cumin, coriander and remaining green chilies; heat through. Stir in remaining cilantro. Spoon mixture over cheese. Sprinkle with ancho chili pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Combine sour cream and hot sauce; serve with pizza. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 pieces each).
Originally published as Chicken Enchilada Verde Pizza in Taste of Home
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Enchilada Verde Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >