Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat Monterey Jack or reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, green chilies and onion mixture.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and coriander. Add broth; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir 3/4 cup sauce into chicken mixture.
- Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Enchilada Casserole(20)
Sort By :
This was very bland! We had to cover it with salsa just to give it some flavor.
wow, these enchiladas are terrific! that sauce is what really makes it, and I thought mine were the best, I have incorporated this recipe with my own, and boy-what a match
Very rich flavor. Worth the time tgo make the sauce rather than open a can of dull cream of whatever soup.
My boyfriend is so picky about food he will only eat basic meat and potatoes the only vegi"s he will eat is broccoli and greenbeans. I have looking for more ways to cook different recipes and i made this dish and he absolutely loved it. He ask for it again already, it"s only been 4 days. Bonnie Reynolds, Madison Wi
I love this recipe its simiple and easy.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >