- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, green onions and sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine soups, sour cream, green onions and green chilies in a bowl. Spray a 13x9-in. pan with cooking spray, then spread 1/4 of the soup mixture in the pan.
- Place 4 tortillas on top, tearing to overlap. Spread with half the chicken, half the remaining soup mixture, and 1/2 cup each of shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and cheese is melted. Add toppings if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Enchilada Casserole
"I made the recipe according to the directions. We thought it was too wet and soggy with two cans of soup and the 16 oz. sour cream. It seemed too much wetness. The flavor was good but it didn't look like the picture, in how dry it looked. We saw this recipe at the Cooking School in The Dalles, OR in April 2015. It was featured as the cook's family recipe which looked really good. I would try to adjust it with corn tortillas and possibly less soup and sour cream."