- 4-1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1-1/4 cups (10 ounces) sour cream
- 9 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the chicken, enchilada sauce, sour cream, tortillas and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Enchilada Bake
Sort By :
"This was pretty good. For the chicken I cooked up and shredded boneless, skinless breasts and flavored it with salt, pepper, and cumen. I added a mixture of onions and peppers (poblano, red sweet, and cubanelle) on top of the chicken layer. We served it with refried beans on the side and a little additional salsa and sour cream on the top."
"Fast and easy to make. My family loved it!"
"Made this tonight. The sour cream looked like it curdled and the looks and flavor of this dish left little to be desired. Texture and taste were all wrong here.Won't be making this again."
"This was incredibly flavorful. I saw it and thought it sounded good and I knew I could substitute low fat ingredients to make it lower in calories and fat. I did use 30 oz of enchilada sauce (3 cans) and wish I hadn't because it was extremely soupy but still extremely delish! I wasn't sure what to have as a side dish...I did buy 2 chickens...ate some as a meal the night I bought it...tore off the rest for this recipe and made it the next day...doing this made it even quicker to prepare when I got home from a long day at work. In case you're a weight watcher I made this with light everything and I made it 8 servings instead of 10 and it equaled 12pp."
"I made this a couple of weeks ago. I didn't pay attention to the amount of chicken I needed thinking 1 rotisserie chicken would be enough. It wasn't. Needed 2 to get 4 1/2 cups. So, it was kind of soupy. But, it was really good and I will make it again with the right amount of chicken this time."