Chicken Egg Pie
"My son, Will, has been making this breakfast quiche since he was 5," reports Judy Bedell from their ranch near San Miguel, California. "He thought quiche was a funny name and said it should be named 'chicken egg pie', which is what we've called it ever since."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange in a greased
- 9-in. pie plate, forming a crust; seal seams and perforations.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese, bacon and ham.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over
- ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover edges of crust loosely
- with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 20 minutes
- longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 337 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.