Chicken Egg Pie Recipe
"My son, Will, has been making this breakfast quiche since he was 5," reports Judy Bedell from their ranch near San Miguel, California. "He thought quiche was a funny name and said it should be named 'chicken egg pie', which is what we've called it ever since."
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange in a greased 9-in. pie plate, forming a crust; seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese, bacon and ham.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover edges of crust loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 337 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC