"My son, Will, has been making this breakfast quiche since he was 5," reports Judy Bedell from their ranch near San Miguel, California. "He thought quiche was a funny name and said it should be named 'chicken egg pie', which is what we've called it ever since."
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange in a greased 9-in. pie plate, forming a crust; seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese, bacon and ham.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover edges of crust loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Egg Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p43
Reviews for Chicken Egg Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review