Chicken Egg Drop Soup Recipe
Who wants takeout when it tastes better homemade? This quick and easy soup is ideal for chilly days. You'll love the addition of tender chicken.
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 slice peeled fresh gingerroot (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, ginger and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove and discard ginger and garlic.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Reduce heat. Drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in onion. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Chicken Egg Drop Soup in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p42
Reviews for Chicken Egg Drop Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >