- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- In a bowl, combine flour,s alt and poultry seasoning; cut in shortening until crumbly. Combine egg and milk; stir into flour mixture just until combined. On a heavily floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 1-in. strips; cut strips into 2-in. lengths. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add chicken. Reduce heat; drop dumplings onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Dumpling Strips(4)
Sort By :
Very easy to make. Much better than the frozen kind....
My Grand Mother made "rolled dumoplings" and they never failed Her.Mother tried and never had success.I am hopefull for these,since the "frozen" style was flavourless&inedible.Thank You for this recipe.Will try 1/2 First,though!
This is exactly what I was looking for to make my ham pot pie. I used 1/4 butter instead of shortening and rolled mine a little thinner as I don't like gummy noodles. These worked great!
These dumplings turned out very nice. I did substitute 1/2 of the shortening with butter as I like the flavor of butter more. (2 tbsp each of shortening and butter) I didn't follow the rest of the recipe as I was making creamed chicken, and so my dumplings cooked into the dilled cream sauce I had prepared, and my family thought they were noodles with the creamy sauce on them. I plan to make this recipe again, next time with the broth as called for. It was very fast to prepare.