Chicken Dumpling Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3-1/3 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-2/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine soup and 2-2/3 cups of milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix with remaining milk just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto simmering soup. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 359 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 1276mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat-free milk, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Dumpling Soup
"This recipe is super simple and super delicious...I make it a lot in the winter and fall...."
"this recipe is super easy and super delicious...I make it a lot in the winter and fall..."
"This is surprisingly good--we make it often. It's a good, cheap staple--quite filling too. We occasionally add diced chicken or some frozen veggies just to add some variety."
"My Mom made this quite often when we were kids, but I had forgotten about it until I read this recipe. Thanks for the reminder, I know what I'm having for supper now!"