"Although we were on a tight budget when I was a youngster, we always had good food," recalls Brenda Risser of Willard, Ohio. "This comforting soup with soft dumplings was one of Mom's mainstays," she adds. At 82¢ a serving, it's still a bargain.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3-1/3 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-2/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine soup and 2-2/3 cups of milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix with remaining milk just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto simmering soup. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Dumpling Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p22
Reviews for Chicken Dumpling Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review