Chicken Divine Recipe
In San Diego, California, reader Shirley Miller dresses up a jar of creamy white pasta sauce with sherry and nutmeg, then cooks it with chicken and vegetables. Served over noodles, the hearty combination is swift and satisfying.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-3/4 cups three-cheese spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with pepper. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli, carrots and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Spoon over chicken.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, sherry and nutmeg; pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Divine
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2013
"I wouldn't have thought to put nutmeg with chicken, but it was wonderful and gave it a bit of a tangy taste. Very easy recipe!P.S. You can use Ragu Alfredo sauce for the Parmesan/mozzarella."
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2012
"Where do u get the parmesan and mozzarella pasta sauce?"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC