Chicken Divan in a Packet Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place each chicken breast half in the center of a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). In a bowl, combine the rice, soup and water; spoon over chicken. Arrange broccoli and mushrooms on top. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheese before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soup and reduced-fat cheese) equals 325 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.