Chicken Divan in a Packet
It’s hard to beat this foil-packet meal from Stacey Smith in Batavia, New York for convenience…or even campfire fun.
TIP: USE THE REMAINING ½ CAN OF SOUP (AND HALF THE WATER CALLED FOR) TO MAKE A SINGLE SERVING OR TO ADD TO GRAVY.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Place each chicken breast half in the center of a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). In a bowl, combine the rice,
- soup and water; spoon over chicken. Arrange broccoli and mushrooms
- on top. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until
- chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Open foil carefully to
- allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheese before serving. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soup and reduced-fat cheese) equals 325 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.