It’s hard to beat this foil-packet meal from Stacey Smith in Batavia, New York for convenience…or even campfire fun. TIP: USE THE REMAINING ½ CAN OF SOUP (AND HALF THE WATER CALLED FOR) TO MAKE A SINGLE SERVING OR TO ADD TO GRAVY.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Place each chicken breast half in the center of a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). In a bowl, combine the rice, soup and water; spoon over chicken. Arrange broccoli and mushrooms on top. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheese before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Divan in a Packet in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p25
Reviews for Chicken Divan in a Packet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review