- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 small red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 small green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Divide chicken strips between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over chicken. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Dinner Packets
"ok, made this the other day for my family and tweaked ia a little. First didn`t have red potatoes, so used white, didn`t have green onion so I used regular white onions and lastly didn`t put chhese on some as some of my kids don`t like cheese on potatoes. This was good, potatoes needed to cook a little more (for my liking) but everyone said it was good for them. The BBQ sauce and the peppers and onions was out of this world, next time will try with more vegetables and maybe pork. It just wasn`t enough so I made more, but this was easy and not a lot of work, as I constantly buy peppers and onions when on sale and slice, chop and freeze them. Good, quick meal."
"Easy enough for my 8 yr. old granddaughter to make and good enough for my daughter to request it and the recipe."
"I didn't have cheese or peppers and this still was a delicious dish. The chicken is very tender."
"I used to make these ahead and cook over the campfire when we went camping."
"Very easy to make and they were good!"