Chicken Diane Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil and butter over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- 2. In the same skillet, whisk the lemon juice, parsley and mustard until blended. Whisk in broth and green onions; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 169 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Chicken Diane
"Rating 5 stars simply because my kids really liked it and they are a tough crowd. I ordered this at a diner a few times because I really like it. I doubled the sauce due to other comments. Could have trippled. Very good."
"No Brandy, cream or shallots? Hard to make Diane Sauce without the 3 main ingredients!"
"This recipe is a nice, delicious surprise. I happened to have all of the ingredients and needed to use up some green onions that were in my fridge. I served this with rice and added an additional pat of butter to the sauce for richness. This makes 4 servings but it would be easy to pare down or increase ingredients for less or more people. Perfect for sunday supper or any special occasion. I will definitely be making this again."
"Sauce doesn't make enough for 4 chicken breasts so double the sauce ingredients. Overall it was a great flavor."
"The sauce is tangy and wonderful ! It went together very quickly. I thickened mine with a little bit of Corn Startch. Very tasty and you may want to double up on the ingredients. It does not make much. I bumped the chicken stock up to 1/3 cup and it could have used a little more. Everyone will surely want their share of the sauce.Janie"
"I made this last night for supper and the whole family loved it. I followed the recipe exactly and will definitely make it again!"
"My teenager (who is so picky it hurts) loves this. Very easy to prepare. The tangy sauce really complements the chicken very well."
"This was outstanding and so easy. I pared it with some parmesan noodles and broccoli and everyone loved it."
"This was wonderful!! It's recipes like this that make me come to this website. I will make this again and again. Thank you, Elissa."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.