In this classic dish, a luscious sauce of lemon juice, Dijon mustard and green onions ideally complements tender chicken breasts that are browned to a golden perfection on the stovetop.—Elissa Armbruster, Medford, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with salt
- and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil and
- butter over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a meat
- thermometer reaches 170°.
- In the same skillet, whisk the lemon juice, parsley and mustard until
- blended. Whisk in broth and green onions; heat through. Serve with
- chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 chicken breast half with 4-1/2 in. teaspoons sauce) equals 169 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 490 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.