- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil and butter over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- In the same skillet, whisk the lemon juice, parsley and mustard until blended. Whisk in broth and green onions; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Diane
Sort By :
"This recipe is a nice, delicious surprise. I happened to have all of the ingredients and needed to use up some green onions that were in my fridge. I served this with rice and added an additional pat of butter to the sauce for richness. This makes 4 servings but it would be easy to pare down or increase ingredients for less or more people. Perfect for sunday supper or any special occasion. I will definitely be making this again."
"Sauce doesn't make enough for 4 chicken breasts so double the sauce ingredients. Overall it was a great flavor."
"The sauce is tangy and wonderful ! It went together very quickly. I thickened mine with a little bit of Corn Startch. Very tasty and you may want to double up on the ingredients. It does not make much. I bumped the chicken stock up to 1/3 cup and it could have used a little more. Everyone will surely want their share of the sauce.Janie"
"My husband really like this. I served it over orzo pasta and doubled the sauce so it could cover the chicken and the pasta. It was very good. Restaurant quality!"
"I made this last night for supper and the whole family loved it. I followed the recipe exactly and will definitely make it again!"