Cathy Kierstead of Easton, Maine keeps baked chicken moist and juicy with a golden coating of bread crumbs, wheat germ and Parmesan cheese. "If you like a crunchier coating, substitute cornflake crumbs," she suggests.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the
- bread crumbs, Parmesan topping, wheat germ, basil and garlic powder.
- Place the yogurt in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in yogurt,
- then coat with the crumb mixture.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Spritz chicken with butter-flavored spray. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until the juices run clear. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 264 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.