Chicken Cutlets Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan topping, wheat germ, basil and garlic powder. Place the yogurt in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in yogurt, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spritz chicken with butter-flavored spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until the juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 265 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Chicken Cutlets
"Great way to use plain yogurt. It doesn't make the chicken taste sour at all."
"Very moist and VERY tender! It was made for me but I've asked for the recipe and I will make this at home."