Chicken Cutlets Recipe
Cathy Kierstead of Easton, Maine keeps baked chicken moist and juicy with a golden coating of bread crumbs, wheat germ and Parmesan cheese. "If you like a crunchier coating, substitute cornflake crumbs," she suggests.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan topping, wheat germ, basil and garlic powder. Place the yogurt in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in yogurt, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spritz chicken with butter-flavored spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until the juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 264 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC