- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the juices, cherries and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Cutlets with Citrus Cherry Sauce
"This was very good and simple to make."
"This recipe is both elegant and delicious. Because of the tartness of the sauce, I paired it with a creamy spinach and artichoke casserole. It was a perfect combination!"
"Very good! I flattened whole chicken breasts instead of using cutlets and substituted dried cranberries for the cherries. A great recipie for using fruit from my citrus trees! My boyfriend loved it served with roasted broccoli. Will definitely make again."