Chicken Cutlets with Citrus Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the juices, cherries and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Cutlets with Citrus Cherry Sauce(4)
Sort By :
This was very good and simple to make.
This recipe is both elegant and delicious. Because of the tartness of the sauce, I paired it with a creamy spinach and artichoke casserole. It was a perfect combination!
Very good! I flattened whole chicken breasts instead of using cutlets and substituted dried cranberries for the cherries. A great recipie for using fruit from my citrus trees! My boyfriend loved it served with roasted broccoli. Will definitely make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >