You'll love the sweet-tart tanginess of this restaurant-quality chicken dish. Served with a salad, this is a meal to remember. It's also good with pork cutlets and dried cranberries instead of chicken and cherries. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the juices, cherries and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Cutlets with Citrus Cherry Sauce in Healthy Cooking December/January 2011, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Cutlets with Citrus Cherry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review