Cathy Kierstead of Easton, Maine keeps baked chicken moist and juicy with a golden coating of bread crumbs, wheat germ and Parmesan cheese. "If you like a crunchier coating, substitute cornflake crumbs," she suggests.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan topping, wheat germ, basil and garlic powder. Place the yogurt in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in yogurt, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spritz chicken with butter-flavored spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until the juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Cutlets in Quick Cooking December 2000, p14
Reviews for Chicken Cutlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2012
"Great way to use plain yogurt. It doesn't make the chicken taste sour at all."
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2011
"Very moist and VERY tender! It was made for me but I've asked for the recipe and I will make this at home."