Chicken Cutlet Recipe
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Dash each garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. In another bowl, combine cheese and buttermilk. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- 2. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Coat chicken with flour mixture; dip in buttermilk, then coat with crumbs. In a skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or no longer pink. Yield: 1 serving.
One serving (prepared with 1% buttermilk) equals 357 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 888 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.