"I love this combination of chicken and cheese," says field editor Marie Hoyer from Lewistown, Montana. Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion powder flavor the golden cutlet, which is coated with seasoned bread crumbs.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Dash each garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder and
- pepper. In another bowl, combine cheese and buttermilk. Place bread
- crumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Coat chicken with flour
- mixture; dip in buttermilk, then coat with crumbs. In a skillet over
- medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or no
- longer pink. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with 1% buttermilk) equals 357 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 888 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.