"I love this combination of chicken and cheese," says field editor Marie Hoyer from Lewistown, Montana. Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion powder flavor the golden cutlet, which is coated with seasoned bread crumbs.
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Dash each garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. In another bowl, combine cheese and buttermilk. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Coat chicken with flour mixture; dip in buttermilk, then coat with crumbs. In a skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or no longer pink. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Chicken Cutlet in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p46
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Cutlet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review