Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, paprika and chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground tumeric, ginger and cloves
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a saucepan, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is browned. Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup chicken mixture with 1 cup rice) equals 411 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Chicken Curry
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.