Chicken Curry Fruit Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, marmalade, lime juice and curry. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, sprinkle with cashews and chow mein noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 305 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Chicken Curry Fruit Salad
"Yum, yum, yum! I omitted the chow mein noodles, otherwise it's perfect as is!"
"I just made this for my son with soy chicken tenders because he is a vegetarian. It was outstanding! He loved it and the non-veggie people loved it too. It had a little too much mayo for my liking so next time I will add more chicken, other than that a great recipe!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.