Chicken Curry Fruit Salad
Perfect for a special spring luncheon, this refreshing combo blends chicken, apple, celery and grapes with a splash of lime and the crunch of nuts and noodles. Yum! —P.J. Anderson, Salt Lake City
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, marmalade, lime juice and curry. Pour over
- chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least
- 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cashews and chow mein noodles.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 305 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat,