Chicken Curry for Two Recipe
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup water, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place onion and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, apple, raisins, garlic, curry, ginger, salt and onion. Combine the flour, bouillon and remaining water; pour over chicken mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- 3. Remove chicken mixture to a bowl; keep warm. Transfer juices to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and sour cream until smooth; add to juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onion and serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 354 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Curry for Two
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.