- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup water, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- Hot cooked rice
- Place onion and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, apple, raisins, garlic, curry, ginger, salt and onion. Combine the flour, bouillon and remaining water; pour over chicken mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken mixture to a bowl; keep warm. Transfer juices to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and sour cream until smooth; add to juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onion and serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Curry in Reminisce Extra September 2011, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Curry for Two(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Curry >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >