Chicken Cucumber Boats Recipe
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise; remove seeds. With a sharp knife, cut a thin slice from the bottom of each cucumber half so it sits flat. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into cucumber boats. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed cucumber half (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.