Chicken Crumb Coating
A crunchy cornflake coating made with sesame seeds, oregano and Parmesan cheese complements this chicken from Joan Laurenzo, Johnstown, Ohio. "I love serving it to company because it always turns out wonderfully," she relates.
8-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and refrigerate
- for up to 4 months. Yield: 2 batches (about 3 cups total).
- To prepare chicken: Dip chicken pieces in milk, then roll in about
- 1-1/4 cups coating mix. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 352 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.