A crunchy cornflake coating made with sesame seeds, oregano and Parmesan cheese complements this chicken from Joan Laurenzo, Johnstown, Ohio. "I love serving it to company because it always turns out wonderfully," she relates.
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 months. Yield: 2 batches (about 3 cups total).
- To prepare chicken: Dip chicken pieces in milk, then roll in about 1-1/4 cups coating mix. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.
Originally published as Chicken Crumb Coating in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Crumb Coating
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review