- and cayenne. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape into six 4-in. x 1-in. logs. Place bread crumbs in a shallow
- dish. In another dish, beat egg and water. Roll logs in bread
- crumbs, then in egg mixture, then again in crumbs.
- Heat oil in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer to 350°. Drop
- logs a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side
- or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 croquettes.
Editor's Note: This recipe may easily be doubled.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.