Chicken Croissant Sandwiches
These sandwiches are easy to pull together when you need something fun and taste-worthy in a flash. I make them often for occasions like brunches, church youth meetings and impromptu family gatherings. —Cheryl Sigler, Louisville, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup diced apple
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 4 croissants, split
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ginger, mustard and salt. Stir in
- chicken, apple, sunflower kernels and green onions. Gently fold in
- mandarin oranges. Serve on croissants with lettuce if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.