Chicken Crisp Recipe
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1. Combine first six ingredients in a shallow dish. In another dish, combine milk and oil. Dip chicken pieces into milk mixture, then roll in the Parmesan mixture. Place chicken, skin side up, in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
2 piece: 409 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 36g protein
Reviews for Chicken Crisp
"I really liked the sound of this recipe, but was concerned with the amount of salt - so, I changed it a bit. I left out the regular salt, changed the onion salt to onion powder, and used the celery salt. It turned out really good and saved a little in the amount of sodium used. For anyone with a health problem who has been told to cut down or quit using using salt this works and still give a really good tasting dish."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.