Chicken Crisp Recipe
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1. Combine first six ingredients in a shallow dish. In another dish, combine milk and oil. Dip chicken pieces into milk mixture, then roll in the Parmesan mixture. Place chicken, skin side up, in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
2 piece: 409 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Chicken Crisp
"I really liked the sound of this recipe, but was concerned with the amount of salt - so, I changed it a bit. I left out the regular salt, changed the onion salt to onion powder, and used the celery salt. It turned out really good and saved a little in the amount of sodium used. For anyone with a health problem who has been told to cut down or quit using using salt this works and still give a really good tasting dish."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.