Our kids like chicken better than any other meat. And when I put a crispy coating on it, they like it even better! This recipe is also easy to make.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Combine first six ingredients in a shallow dish. In another dish,
- combine milk and oil. Dip chicken pieces into milk mixture, then
- roll in the Parmesan mixture. Place chicken, skin side up, in a
- shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until
- chicken is tender and no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 409 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.