Chicken Crisp Recipe
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1. Combine first six ingredients in a shallow dish. In another dish, combine milk and oil. Dip chicken pieces into milk mixture, then roll in the Parmesan mixture. Place chicken, skin side up, in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 409 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.