Our kids like chicken better than any other meat. And when I put a crispy coating on it, they like it even better! This recipe is also easy to make.
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Combine first six ingredients in a shallow dish. In another dish, combine milk and oil. Dip chicken pieces into milk mixture, then roll in the Parmesan mixture. Place chicken, skin side up, in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Chicken in Country Extra September 1993, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review