Chicken Crescent Casserole Recipe
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, chicken, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture begins to boil. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Unroll crescent roll dough into a rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place over cheese. Melt the remaining butter; toss with nuts and sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 426 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Crescent Casserole
"This is so yummy with crescent rolls, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream...how can you go wrong? I will definitely make it again!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.