Chicken Crescent Casserole Recipe
With a family of five, I've found that casseroles are a quick and filling meal. The crescent roll topping bakes up to a beautiful golden brown.Laurie Bus, Reno, Nevada
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- In a large saucepan, saute celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, chicken, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture begins to boil. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place over cheese. Melt the remaining butter; toss with nuts and sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Crescent Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Crescent Casserole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2011
This is so yummy with crescent rolls, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream...how can you go wrong? I will definitely make it again!!