Chicken Crescent Almondine Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss or American cheese
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In large saucepan, combine the soup, Miracle Whip, sour cream and onion. Stir in the chicken, water chestnuts, mushrooms and celery; cook over medium heat until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Pour into ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Unroll crescent dough and separate into two rectangles, trimming to fit dish. Place dough rectangles over hot chicken mixture. Combine cheese and almonds; sprinkle over the dough. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is a deep golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Crescent Almondine(4)
Sort By :
This was just ok. Really liked the crescent roll top with the cheese and almonds. The chicken gravy thing not so much. I used light sour cream and light miracle whip and it still managed to be EXTREMELY thick and heavy feeling. We felt very tired and slightly ill after consumption and we're not ones to have a sensitive stomach. If you're looking for a very heavy, very fattening casserole this is probably it. If you're looking for something that's a healthier casserole I would definitely try something else.
Nice meal on a cool fall night. I used reduced-fat everything except for the Swiss cheese with delicious results.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >