- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, thyme and marjoram
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in remaining oil until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Creole in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p13
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Creole for Four
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2012
"It's nice to get a developed flavor with a recipe that is so quick."