Scrambling for a quick-and-easy recipe to use up some of those hard-cooked Easter eggs? Just add a little diced chicken and these zippy deviled-egg snacks from our Test Kitchen are almost a lunch in themselves! NO CREOLE seasoning or honey mustard? The following spices can be substituted for the Creole seasoning: ¼ teaspoon each paprika and garlic powder, and a pinch each of cayenne pepper, dried thyme and ground cumin. As a substitute for honey mustard, combine ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard and ½ teaspoon honey.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash the yolks. Stir in the chicken, mayonnaise, onion, honey mustard, ground mustard, Creole seasoning and hot pepper sauce. Pipe or spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle with parsley. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chicken Creole Deviled Eggs in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p63
Reviews for Chicken Creole Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review