Chicken Creole Recipe
Leeanne Grether of Woodbury, Minnesota has been making this easy skillet dish for years. She writes, “Every time I make this dish, someone always asks for the recipe!”
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, thyme and marjoram
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in remaining oil until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Creole in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p13
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Creole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2012
It's nice to get a developed flavor with a recipe that is so quick.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >