Chicken Cornbread Stuffing Bake Recipe
I was frequently asked to make this chicken casserole for the monthly potluck dinners in our retirement complex and never had any leftovers. It's so moist, comforting, simple and flavorful! —Carmelia Saxon, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Or cover casserole before baking and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 382 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 1,073 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC