Chicken Cornbread Stuffing Bake Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Or cover casserole before baking and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 382 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1073mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Cornbread Stuffing Bake
"I followed the recipe measurements exact. I would use more sage though as I couldn't taste any. I used rotisserie chicken & the Pepperidge Farm Crushed Cornbread stuffing. It was delicious & I will definitely make it again!"
"I followed the recipe as written, even though I normally would saute the onions and celery before mixing it with the stuffing. I mixed everything together and got a dense blob of casserole. I used Pepperidge Farm crushed corn bread stuffing, and I won't choose that product again. I definitely prefer two other stuffing from this site, chicken 'n' Stuffing or chicken and Dressing Dish."
"I used leftover turkey and stuffing from Thanksgiving and it was wonderful!!!"
"This is a great recipe. Instead of just sage I used my favorite poultry seasoning. Love it!"
"my family prefers Stove Top's Savory Herb stuffing mix. In recipes calling for fresh celery, my preference is to use cream celery soup. Thank you for sharing!"
"loved it and served it with fat free chicken gravy, if desired.. A big hit and great comfort food"
"I forgot to rate, please forgive that mislead. It is a 5 star rating"
"Good recipe and a good call on the chunk chicken. I've used this recipe using leftover Thaksgiving turkey. Very homespun."
"Very good - I did add some shredded carrots to up the vegs. This will be a repeater!"