I was frequently asked to make this chicken casserole for the monthly potluck dinners in our retirement complex and never had any leftovers. It's so moist, comforting, simple and flavorful! —Carmelia Saxon, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Or cover casserole before baking and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Stuffing Casserole in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p17
Reviews for Chicken Cornbread Stuffing Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review