Chicken Cornbread Stuffing Bake Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Or cover casserole before baking and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Cornbread Stuffing Bake
Sort By :
"I followed the recipe as written, even though I normally would saute the onions and celery before mixing it with the stuffing. I mixed everything together and got a dense blob of casserole. I used Pepperidge Farm crushed corn bread stuffing, and I won't choose that product again. I definitely prefer two other stuffing from this site, Chicken 'n' Stuffing or Chicken and Dressing Dish."
"I used leftover turkey and stuffing from Thanksgiving and it was wonderful!!!"
"This is a great recipe. Instead of just sage I used my favorite poultry seasoning. Love it!"
"my family prefers Stove Top's Savory Herb stuffing mix. In recipes calling for fresh celery, my preference is to use cream celery soup. Thank you for sharing!"
"This was delicious....I cooked my chicken breasts in chicken broth with the celery and onion and added 2 tbl of butter to the 3 cups of broth....heaven in a casserole."