Chicken Corn Soup with Rivels Recipe
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, corn, chicken, parsley, salt, tarragon and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, for rivels, place the flour in a bowl; mix in egg with a fork just until blended. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into boiling soup, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until rivels are cooked through. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 189 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.