Chicken Corn Soup with Rivels Recipe
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, corn, chicken, parsley, salt, tarragon and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, for rivels, place the flour in a bowl; mix in egg with a fork just until blended. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into boiling soup, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until rivels are cooked through. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 191 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Chicken Corn Soup with Rivels
"I love this recipe. The first time i tried it, i did have some problems with the rivels, but the second time it was no problem! they were wonderful! Best recipe EVER."
"The broth and soup was only just okay. The rivels were strange, tough, and chewy. I expected them to be somewhat dumpling like, but after mixing the flour and egg, I was left with a very dry mixture. There was no way I was going to drop teaspoons of it into the soup so I rolled it out and cut it up small. They were awful. Maybe there is something missing from them...water? milk? less flour? I'm not sure what it was, but I did not like this recipe very much."
"excellent. Didn't have tarragon"