Chicken Corn Chowder
"this is a great dish when you need a meal in a hurry," promises Sharon Gentert of Wendell, Idaho. "We like to make it with mushroom soup, but you can change the ingredients to accommodate your family's tastes and whatever items you have on hand."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk, onion and rosemary. Stir
- in chicken and corn; heat through. Add the cheese; stir until
- melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 297 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.