I love this super-easy chicken slow cooker recipe because it tastes like Thanksgiving, but without all the hassle. It's such a hearty, delicious meal for the fall or winter season.—Nancy Barker, Peoria, Arizona
- 5 cups cubed corn bread
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 celery ribs, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread cubes on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toasted. Cool on baking pan.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in corn bread, chicken, soups, broth and seasonings.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Corn Bread Casserole in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p35
Reviews for Chicken Corn Bread Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2015
"My family and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to make and quite delicious!"