I love this super-easy chicken slow cooker recipe because it tastes like Thanksgiving, but without all the hassle. It's such a hearty, delicious meal for the fall or winter season.—Nancy Barker, Peoria, Arizona
Featured In: 19 Warm and Cozy Fall Dinner Recipes
- 5 cups cubed corn bread
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 celery ribs, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread cubes on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toasted. Cool on baking pan.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in corn bread, chicken, soups, broth and seasonings.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Corn Bread Casserole in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p35
Reviews for Chicken Corn Bread Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2016
"I made this for four adults and none of us cared for it"
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2015
"My family and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to make and quite delicious!"