- keep warm. In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until
- crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving
- 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Saute mushrooms in drippings until tender. Add wine and bouillon,
- stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Return chicken and bacon
- to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20
- minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken
- to a serving platter; discard toothpicks.
- Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; gradually stir into the
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken roll-up with 1/4 cup sauce equals 710 calories, 46 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 292 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 54 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.