- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream and cream cheese over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup Swiss cheese, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper until blended.
- Drain pasta; stir in chicken, bacon and ham. Add sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and the bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
"This was wonderful! I only changed it up by using light cream cheese and half and half because that's what I had. Entire family of including picky children ate it right up!"
"This looks and sounds delicious!!! We are watching our carbs, so I think I'm going to make this this weekend but use zucchini noodles instead of pasta...cannot wait to try this!!!!"
"I LOVED this recipe. I used half and half cream and for the chicken, I'd used the cooked, sliced chicken from our supermarket salad bar, along with cooked and crumbled bacon from the salad bar. I'd used Black Forest sliced cooked ham, cut in cubes. I used Italian-style bread crumbs. This dish was SO TASTY! Thank you, Nikki Barton, for your recipe!delowenstein"
"My 13 and 16 year old children are always thrilled when I make this. The best thing about this recipe is that you can tailor it to what your own family likes. I add more bacon and less ham because that is what I've found they like.I've done a few versions of the chicken. I've used rotisserie chicken, baked chicken and most recently, I put a few pieces of chicken in a crockpot and shredded it when it was done.I love to use the little shells with this recipe. In a pinch I've used elbows which works too. A certain HIT in our home. Thanks to whomever submitted it!!!"
"Big hit with my family! I used 1% milk instead of heavy whip. Family agreed it would have been good with some diced green peppers."
"My family & I thought this turned out really tasty. I added more breadcrumbs on top & we really enjoyed it. It was something different & I will be making it again. I think it's my husband's new favorite meal now."
"Very good. Even without the bacon it's great."
"Great recipe and very flavorful. My husband loved it!"
"This was wonderful!! A little labor-intensive with all the prep work, but it was worth every minute!! I will definitely make this again!"
"Very good and easy. I didn't have 2 cups of heavy cream so I used 1 cup of 2% milk tasted great!"