Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream and cream cheese over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup cheese, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, bacon, ham and pasta. Add sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta(32)
Sort By :
I really liked this and so easy! Husband did not care for the stuffing thought it might be better with out.
Great recipe! The family loved it. Next time I will double the sauce.
This is a great recipe. Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of my favorite ways to have chicken. This recipe brings all those great flavors to a simple, easy weeknight pasta dinner. It is super easy to make this head and freeze and serve later. This is also almost more amazing as leftovers. Just a great recipe that I'll be keeping around for a long while.
Although I am a vegetarian, I did taste the sauce and it was good after I added some Mrs. Lawry's No salt. I felt it needed an extra something. Rest of family really liked this recipe. Instead of onion powder, I sauted onions as my family likes onion and I don't keep onion powder on my shelf. I'd rather use the real thing. I also mixed the dry bread crumbs with melted butter. I will be making this again.
Phenomenal and EASY!!! The leftovers were even fought over..... SO good!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Cordon Bleu >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pasta Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pork Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >