- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream and cream cheese over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup Swiss cheese, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper until blended.
- Drain pasta; stir in chicken, bacon and ham. Add sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and the bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
"My 13 and 16 year old children are always thrilled when I make this. The best thing about this recipe is that you can tailor it to what your own family likes. I add more bacon and less ham because that is what I've found they like.I've done a few versions of the chicken. I've used rotisserie chicken, baked chicken and most recently, I put a few pieces of chicken in a crockpot and shredded it when it was done.I love to use the little shells with this recipe. In a pinch I've used elbows which works too. A certain HIT in our home. Thanks to whomever submitted it!!!"
"Big hit with my family! I used 1% milk instead of heavy whip. Family agreed it would have been good with some diced green peppers."
"My family & I thought this turned out really tasty. I added more breadcrumbs on top & we really enjoyed it. It was something different & I will be making it again. I think it's my husband's new favorite meal now."
"Very good. Even without the bacon it's great."
"Great recipe and very flavorful. My husband loved it!"