Chicken Cordon Bleu in Pastry
Baking chicken breasts in a flaky dough makes them turn out moist and delicious every time. This fancy dish is nice to serve family as well as guests.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- On an ungreased baking sheet, separate dough into four rectangles;
- seal perforations. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese lengthwise down
- the center of each rectangle. Place ham widthwise over dough.
- Arrange chicken in center of each rectangle. Wrap ham around
- chicken. At each long end, pinch dough together around chicken,
- forming points.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted
- in the chicken reads 170°. Top with slice of Swiss cheese; bake
- 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and pastry is golden
- brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 428 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 807 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 21 g protein.